........IRAN Cumin Seeds.......
Cumin is an herb that many associate with Mexican and Spanish foods, but it is also widely used in Middle Eastern and Indian cooking. It has a very distinct flavor, and in the US is most often used in packaged taco seasonings (don’t eat those- make your own!)
Cumin’s flavor makes it a favorite for many, but it’s health supporting properties are impressive too.
USES of Iran Cumin Seed :
- According to Mountain Rose Herbs: “Cumin is the seed of a small plant in the parsley family.
- Its use goes back 5000 years to the Egyptians, who used it not only as a spice but as an ingredient in the mummification process.
- The Greeks and Romans also used cumin and highly regarded it as one of the essential spices.
- In the Middle Ages cumin seed was thought to promote love and fidelity, so it was carried by attendees of weddings, and solders were always sent off to battle with a fresh loaf of cumin seed bread.
- Pungent, sharp, and slightly sweet, the greenish brown powder of this herb is an essential ingredient in Mexican and Indian cuisine.”