ROASTED Hulled SESAME SEED
- Sesame seeds feature delicate nutty flavor. Their flavor indeed becomes more pronounced once they gently toasted under low flame heat for a few minutes.
- Sesame seeds used liberally in cooking. The seeds ground with olive or any other vegetable oils to prepare semi-solid, flavorful paste, which is then added to different recipes.
- Dry, toasted sesame seeds and vegetable oil are mixed into a thin light brown paste, tahini. Tahini is one of the main ingredients in famous middle-eastern dip, hummus.
- Toasted seeds sprinkled over sandwiches, biscuits, breads, cakes, salads, stir fries, etc.
- The seeds are largely employed in the production of margarine in Europe.
- The seeds used in many traditional south-Indian sweet delicacies, often mixed with roasted peanuts, almonds, and jaggery.
- Roasted and crushed seeds often sprinkled over salads, desserts, particularly sundaes and other confectionay preparations.
- Gomashio is a Japan's specialty, which uses ground sesame seeds.
- Sesame oil obtained from the seeds is one of the most sought after cooking oil in Malaysia, Indonesia and southern states of rural India.
MUN No.: 11/1/24, Near Railway Crossing, Beside Umiya Hotel, Railway Station Road, Unjha, Gujarat, 384170, India